Common Queries and Questions


  • How do I find the Course I want? +

    If you know which area of training you wish to participate in, please click on either Sailing, Power, Shore Based, Motor Courses. The description of each course should give you an idea of whether it is the right course for you. We also have handy links to the RYA Courses guide so that you can see what our RYA training centre can offer you.If you are still unsure what kind of course you need, please call us to talk with one of our instructors.
  • What equipment do I need? +

    When you book a course with us we will send you details of what you need to bring with you and what to expect from your course. We can provide wet weather gear on request. Most courses will include food and accommodation in the course description.
  • What payments methods do we accept? +

    We take payments via our website using the secure Worldpay software. We never store your payment details. The following methods of payment are accepted via Worldpay:Visa, Mastercard, Maestro & JCB.
  • Can I get training to use my own boat? +

    We can tailor any training to suit you and your requirements. If you have recently purchased a boat, or wish to update your knowledge, we have options to suit your needs.Our experienced instructors can give you guidance on safety features, handling and increasing your confidence on your own boat. Please go to our "Courses > Own Boat Tuition" section of the website for more information.
  • What if I have no experience of boating? +

    The RYA syllabus is designed to work for those with both limited and extensive experience on the water. We offer introduction level courses that will benefit all forms of learning styles and abilities to ensure you are both successful in your training and enjoy the experience.
  • What do I need for a commercial endorsement? +

    To commercially endorse an appropriate RYA certficate to allow you to work commercially on British flagged vessels you need to complete the following courses: PPR Online, First Aid, Sea Survival and VHF SRC. You will also need a medical exam (either ENG1 or ML5). To find out more about commercial endorsement, click the button below. Read More
  • 1
New Devon Yacht Charters logo single
RYA TC logo